Join us for our next 24 Hours of Prayer the weekend of July 7-8, 2018.
We will be having a time of Congregational Prayer on Sunday, July 8 at 7:00 PM here at Bethany Chapel.
Click here to sign up for a prayer time.
Psalm 20: 7-8, “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright.”
Psalm 28: 8a, “The LORD is the strength of his people.”
Psalm 55: 22, “Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
The anthem of the faithful resounds with the cry, “We will trust in the LORD; morning, day, and night.” At the center of the universe stands the Sovereign God who has created us and all we see for His glory. The faithful’s anthem echoes with confidence that the Sovereign King is with us in a world where nations rage and kingdoms totter (Psalm 46:6-7). There is only One to truly fear and it is He who pours out blessing on those who fear Him. So the anthem of the faithful is filled with joyful wonder! We are not banking on what we can do, which is limited: but on all that He can do, which is unlimited. Our powers fail but the King does not! The faithful sing with honesty before the Lord, throwing all of our heavy loads upon the One who is willing to carry them for us. Our anthem declares there is nothing redundant about throwing ourselves upon the God of the Universe. The One who is the first and the last promises, to freely renew the strength of all who wait upon Him!
1. Take time to prayerfully reflect on Psalm 20: 7-8. Ask the Lord to reveal areas in your life where you need to repent for trusting in what you can do instead of trusting in God.
2. Praise God for ways He has provided you with strength and comfort.
3. Continue to pray for the Elders to boldly follow the Lord’s leading as they consider a vision for Bethany.
4. Praise God for a fruitful ministry year. Give thanks for all the volunteers and leaders who have invested in the lives of others.
5. Pray that God would direct the Pastors and Ministry Leaders as they prepare for the start of a new ministry year.
6. Pray that God would lead us in launching our search committee in the Fall and that God would lead us to our next Senior Pastor.
7. Ask the Lord to provide rest and refreshment to those who need it this summer.