What is a Kingdom Friendship?
Kingdom Friendships is a relatively new initiative that creates partnerships between Canadian churches and Wycliffe projects worldwide. In our case, this is a relationship between Bethany Chapel and Wycliffe Thai Foundation, an organization that is involved in scripture use, Bible translation, literacy, and mobilizing the local church as well as missionaries from the local and surrounding areas. Bethany’s involvement in this will enable Wycliffe Thai to extend their reach into these project areas by providing them additional resources, prayer, support and sharing of ideas. Kingdom Friendships, once executed, provides the framework for short-term missions to have long-term impact and measurable results.
BETHANY CHAPEL AND WYCLIFFE THAILAND
The Kingdom Friendship team continues to work with Wycliffe Thailand to explore opportunities where individuals and teams might engage with the excellent work being done to reach the lost for Christ. Please continue to pray for the Bethany's Kingdom Friendship team as well as those who serve together in Thailand.
Please contact Lyle Simpson if you have any questions about our Kingdom Friendship at surfnslopes (at) yahoo.com or 403-701-9090.
Write to Wycliffe Thailand
Wycliffe Thai Foundation
15/23 Phetburin, Chiangmai-Hangdong Rd.,
T.Mae Hea, A.Muang, Chiang Mai 50100
Tel/Fax: (66-53) 838020
Mobile Phone: 089-700-8874
Find us on Facebook!
Kingdom Friendship Prayer Requests & Praise Items
- New! Download the March 2018 Prayer & Praise Items.
- Download the February 2018 Prayer & Praise Items.
- Download the January 2018 Prayer Requests & Praise Items.
- Download the November 2017 Prayer Requests & Praise Items.
- Download the July 2017 Prayer Requests & Praise Items.
- Download the June 2017 Prayer Requests & Praise Items.
- Download the May 2017 Prayer Requests & Praise Items.
- Download the April 2017 Prayer Requests & Praise Items.
- Download the March 2017 Prayer Requests & Praise Items.
- Download the July 2016 Thailand Prayer Requests.
- Download the May 2016 Thailand Prayer Requests.
- Download the April 2016 Thailand Prayer Requests.
Wycliffe Thai Foundation
Ying and Saro, our friends from Wycliffe Thailand are with us for another another few months and we would like to ensure they are able to meet as many of the Bethany family as possible during their time here. Please have them in your home, as visitors in your Connecting Group, take them to see parts of Calgary and area, or anything you can think of! They have amazing stories of how God has worked through them and their call to missions in a challenging part of the world. They currently have a flexible schedule and have time during the days or evenings. You may contact them directly, individually or together, at Saro: 587-429-8757 or mansaneb (at) gmail.com, or Ying 587-500-2717 or js.genesis12 (at) gmail.com.
From Ying: Please pray for...
1. My English Language study, that I will become fluent.
2. The nation where God will use me as a Bible Translator.
3. For God to provide a partner of this mission in prayer and financial support.
From Saro: I have two prayer requests...
1. Please pray that the Lord will clearly show me a people group He wants me to go to.
2. That He will prepare everything I need, such as wisdom to learn a new language, and people who will work with me and support me financially.
The Missions Committee has been very grateful for the generous hosting by Bethany with our Thailand guests, Ying and Saro. Their stay is being extended to help them with their English studies and connection with Bethany Chapel to the fullest extent possible. Please consider donating to help meet their needs in Canada by marking your envelope: Kingdom Friendships. Thank you for your ongoing support of Kingdom Friendships.
2018 THAILAND TRIP
The Thailand ESL trip is this July (leaving July 6 and returning July 28, 2018) including the following team members: Bruce & Fiona Raddatz, Sheila Schuman, Tanja Hurlbert, David Hagopian, Valerie Andrusiak, Charys Russell.
For information contact Bruce Raddatz at bpraddatz (at) gmail.com or at 403-259-4800.
Please join the 2018 ESL Thailand mission trip by helping financially with Bethany team members. Donations can be made by cheque to Bethany Chapel by marking your envelope: Thailand Mission Teams.
Short-term mission trip 2017
There was a team in Thailand in June 2017 helping with an ESL camp with Wycliffe Thailand. Thank you for your prayers and financial support.
Read from the Thailand team at http://chiangmaifriends.blogspot.ca
2016 Wycliffe Thai Internship
Thomas Unrau, a member of Bethany Chapel, went on a six-month internship to Thailand in 2016.
Bethany Chapel 2016 Vision Trip
Bethany Chapel sent a small team over to Thailand on a vision trip April 21-May 2, 2016.